Friday 28 March 2008

Happy Birthday To Me



I turned 52 years old today.

I am going to move further out of the dark place and let the candles on my cake light up the room.

I am going to make the choice to have a good day today, all day long.

I am going to remember who I am.

I am going to try to be a little of what I use to be.

I am not going to complain about anything.

I am going to be thankful that I can still physically hear, talk, and touch the people I love.

I am going to thank God that I am still here.

I am going to go out to Pine Ridge Hollow for lunch with Angelique, Nadalene and Josephine.

I am going to have a nice supper with Wahid and Nathan, Angelique and Don, Nadalene and Charlton.

I am going to make a wish with Josephine before we blow out the candles on my cake that is lighting up the room.

I am going to let the memories of the light from the blown-out candles on my cake keep me from the dark place.

I am going to see light in the darkness.

I am going to love to get old.

Today, on my birthday, I am going to have a little adventure.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to always be in awe of you - Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

RENEE--ONCE AGAIN YOU HAVE PROVEN TO BE THE GIRL I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN--GREAT SPIRIT!!--WONDERFUL ATTITUDE!!--HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY DEAR CHILD--I LOVE YOU ALWAYS--DAD

Anonymous said...

hi renee
happy birthday only 29more to go
think of all the fun you will havealso all the love

sylvia said to wish you a happy birthdayand a big hug
also yhink positive
love you your mom

Lindsey said...

I hope everything today was as perfect as it sounded Renee! You definitely deserve a beautiful day with your family.
Love you!!!x0x0

Anonymous said...

happy birthday auntie renee from the bruneau family....we love you....

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated B-day Renee. Wonderful people are born on March 28th.
Love Donna

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your candle(s) shone brightly as does the light of your spirit. Happy Birthday, my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm the second anonymous - thought I should repost and sign this one.

Anonymous said...

Hey Renee! I just logged on and want to say HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! You are my hero! Thank God you are a fighter because you are 1 angel that we need here on earth! You Rule! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Deborah said...

Oh my. Did you print Dad's comment out and frame it? Now that is something to put up on the wall. I did not realize he had passed so recently. Feel my arms around you, love.