Sunday 4 January 2009

On the 11th Day















On the eleventh day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
eleven pipers piping,
ten lords a-leaping,
nine ladies dancing,
eight maids a-milking,
seven swans a-swimming,
six geese a-laying,
five golden rings,
four calling birds,
three French hens,
two turtle doves
and a partridge in a pear tree…

The eleven pipers piping refer to the eleven faithful apostles. Simon Peter; Andrew; James; John; Philip; Bartholomew; Matthew; Thomas; James bar Alphaeus; Simon the Zealot; and Judas bar James.

2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Hi Renee, just stopped by to say hello and happy Sunday to you. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hi Renee, 11 faithful apostles: we were at my sister Teresa's for brunch today reviewing the 12 days of Christmas and its meaning.No one could guess what 11 would mean.( And I forgot to check before we left this morning) I just got home and can know phone them and tell them what it means. We've had so much fun with this each day. Thanks, my wise dear friend.
Barb