Tuesday 15 July 2008

I Will


















I will state, unequivocally, that there is no such thing as false hope. It’s an oxymoron. It can’t exist. Hope has no connotations of certainty. Hope carries no assurance of success. Hope is the one thing in this world that can never, ever, be false. Hope is just exactly what it says. A longing. A desire. Is there such a thing as a false, aching desire?

~~ Evan Handler from his book Time on Fire ~~

For those of you who may not know, Evan Handler is an actor as well as a writer and he has played the role of Harry, Charlotte’s husband on Sex and the City. Of course my TV show of choice is Lost and he plays the character Dave who is Hurley’s imaginary friend. He had acute myeloid leukemia in his mid 20s. His baldness is not a fashion statement; his hair never grew back after chemotherapy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope, actually I love hope, I return to it every time I loose it!
Love Hope and you too.
Colette