Monday 8 December 2008

100 Dead Canadian Soldiers













I have recently put a playlist on my blog (thanks Yaya) and I invite you to listen to one of the greatest anti-war songs of all time. Joan Baez singing ‘Where Have all the Flowers Gone’.

Three men were killed on Friday, December 5th which brought the Canadian death toll of soldiers who have died in Afghanistan to 100. One hundred people killed because little men want to play big boys of war. I for one am sick of it.

We need to be reminded that while the angels weep for us, we do not weep for our brothers and sisters in this world.

Let’s pray for greater understanding of each other and for the betterment of us all. Let us all, in our own way, pray for world peace.

6 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Hi Renee. It is very sad that we loose our men/women soldiers. Whether they volunteer or not is besides the point. We don't need to lose them. There are people who say, "Well, they didn't have to go to war, they volunteered." I suppose they did want to serve their country, but every loss is a sad one.

Anonymous said...

Amen! And while we are on the topic of bringing our men and women home, lets not get into a political war in our own home country CANADA, look at us can't even get a government to govern our country without the "little Boy fights" never mind trying to be apart of a war that has nothing to do with us in a country so far away, if you want to get involved in a war, go to Africa and help their people to survive. Really

I too was so sickened to hear of the loss of yet another three Canadians, too many, and too many of our American brothers and sisters are suffering and for what, GREED...
Colette

YayaOrchid said...

Renee, how did your visit to the Dr. go? I'm sure you're tired, so I'll let you go. Wanted you to know we're thinking of you.

Renee said...

Colette your comment on Africa and helping the people their survive is so profound. How long have we all been talking about Darfur and still nothing is happening to help.

Thank you.

Love Renee

Anonymous said...

I had no idea it was Joan Baez that sang that song...and I am a great Joni Mitchell fan, Blue remains my fave album of hers... you have great taste in music.

Emerald Arts said...

Are they putting flowers into the gun barrels? How cute :)

Erm, I mean... how powerful and political and moving and stuff