Wednesday 17 December 2008

B L D No. 17















































Shortbread Cookies

1 lb butter
1 cp sifted icing sugar
3 cps sifted flour
½ cp cornstarch

Cream butter separately in a large bowl (do not melt butter; I tried that one year and the cookies in the oven ran all over the pan and I ended up with a tray of butter with powder on top).

Mix flour and cornstarch separately.

To creamed butter add sugar and gradually add the flour/cornstarch mixture. Whip until fluffy and the mixture becomes crumbly. Drop by teaspoons onto cookie sheet and bake at 300 until light golden brown (approximately 15 to 20 minutes depending on the oven).

Cookies taste best eaten with a family member or a friend while enjoying a good cup of loose tea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas ... love the two bottom pictures.

GlorV1 said...

Hi Renee, I'm making sugar cookies today. They are in a package and easy to make. I don't feel like really baking. I'll add something to them to give it my touch, but hey after gobbling those tamales yesterday, I'm tired:) Take care and your cookies do sound delish, maybe next time around.