Wednesday 24 December 2008

Wednesday's Women No. 11


















My name is Mary and I gave birth to a little boy named Jesus, he is my firstborn son. How much I love my son.

There was no room at the inn, so his birth took place in a stable in the back. I have wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger. I am pleased that the heat from the animals will keep him warm.

I was forewarned that my son was created to change the world. I was told by angels, no less, that he wasn’t to be just mine.

I don’t want to think of that. I just want him to be mine. He is my little boy, with his ten little fingers and ten little toes.

He has brought me such happiness and has changed my life forever. I am to understand that he will do the same for millions of people around the world. But those concepts are too big and too broad. If I could, I would have him just be mine.

They will write of me in future years ‘Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and he will be called Emmanuel which means God is with us.’

There will be prayers directed at me for the sake of my son. Many people will recite ‘Hail, Mary! Full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.’

Again, I cannot think of the future, because I know what must happen to my baby boy and I can’t bear it.

I gaze into his eyes and I see God. I gaze into his eyes and I am just where I want to be.

3 comments:

Julie said...

*sniiiiiiiiff*

Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Mary story on this Holy night. I love the story and the beautiful pictures.
Christmas blessings to you and your wonderful family.
Love you, Barb

Eleonora Baldwin said...

Beautiful. Simply.

Love,
Lola xx