Monday 7 December 2009

BLD No. 7 (2)
























































Now just pray you don’t get any of this crap for Christmas. And seriously people these gag gifts are ridiculous and nobody wants them.

New York based stupid.com ten worst Christmas gifts for 2009:

Swine flu survival kit – has everything you’ll need to survive this nasty H1N1.

Dog poo Christmas ornament – the ornament does not smell but is so vile looking it will make you sick anyway.

Life vest for golf balls – a tiny orange flotation device is custom-made to fit over your golf ball.

Freudian slippers -- these plush slippers feature a stuffed Sigmund on the front and can help your anxiety, paranoia, and obsession melt away.

Wall Street finance chimp – since the stock market has been run by monkeys, for the cost of a few bananas you can get financial advice.

Choke the annoying chicken – anger management toy, you can choke the chicken and it goes away dancing and strutting to the chicken dance.

Belching beer pager – with a click of the remote your beer holder will burp loudly and light up from as far as 60 feet away.

Talking toilet paper – no more boring bowel movements, you can record your own voice for six seconds and when people pull the toilet paper they will hear you and think you are with them.

Obama dress up kit – you get outfits and can decide to dress him up how you like.

Reindeer food for humans – a bowl of reindeer pellets that is fun and safe for human consumption.

http://circlingmyhead.blogspot.com/2008/12/b-l-d-no-7.html

*artwork L by Helz Cuppleditch and D by Victoria Ball

23 comments:

Angie Muresan said...

Gross!!! But those images are super cute!

Helz Cuppleditch said...

Thank you for sharing my art with your readers, blessings. Helz

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Come on Renee! I've been praying for talking toilet paper.

RNSANE said...

I've gotten some gifts that were about that dumb. I don't know why people would waste money on things like that..a sick sense of humor, I guess!

magikalseasons said...

Those are really awful gifts but I found myself laughing at some of these. On etsy there is a shop that sells golden penis ornaments. I sent the link to my girlfriend and she said she'd like it next to her bed rather than on the tree. I'm still laughing! :)

Sarah Sullivan said...

Giggle snort..ackkkk..giggle..gag me with a spoon..but giggle....

Love the cookies..yum and the sweet nativity..but you know me the little bug is my favorite. Wonderful post hon, Sarah

Unknown said...

LOL...hmmmm i know a few who should get gifts like that...but my knowledge in KARMA says we dont want bad three times fold...lol

xoxoxooxoxoxoxLove ya Lovey

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can safely say I do not want any of these things.

Unknown said...

oh so true Renee!!!!

Jasmine said...

Oh dear (sadly) my aunt would like the dog poo ornament. She has plastic dog poo to walk her dogs with. She keeps it in a bag to make it look like she is scooping... Very naughty i know.

I agree with you. People waste such money on plastic which cannot biodegrade or something spof that really wasn't worth chopping a tree down for. Im having a blog gve away which encompasses this theme. Please feel free to come over and add your name.

I saw your polymer clay and wanted to give you this link. I'm amazed with what can be done. Seeing your bits, I think I'll get some for my daughter to make Christmas pieces x

http://studioodd.blogspot.com/2009/12/ok-here-heshe-is.html

Gberger said...

Those cookies are so pretty that they are making me hungry! But I agree that the gifts would be awful.

Baino said...

Ah I was going to do a post on crappy presents and found Terry the Turtle who hurls abusive language and the "runny nose" shower gel dispenser - then again, I wouldn't mind the talking toilet roll dispenser just to say "put the empty rolls in the bin not on the floor you fuckwit!" And yes, I am the proud owner of a battery operated mooning Santa (it was a joke kris kringle but Adam loves it)

Giggles said...

I agree pretty nasty gifts!! I promise not to buy you any!!!

hugs Giggles

studio lolo said...

Every one of these is sure to be bought by Walmart shoppers!!!

I love the last illustration. Now I know where 'cute as a bug' came from ;)

xoxoxo
Lolo

Marion said...

Uh, I kinda would LOVE to have the Freudian Slippers. LOL! Yes, gag gifts are usually a waste of money. But those slippers......

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha .. thanks but no thanks!

secret agent woman said...

I was never much for silly gag gifts. Although the idea of Freudian slippers is kind of funny.

Anonymous said...

LOL you mean I can't have that dancing chicken??? My chickens would get hoot and holler over it!
: ) Love~Pattee

kj said...

Renee, sugar cookies with frosting are orgasmic.

Tell jacquie I said so, sound effects included

:)

you won't believe this--the word beef is orsmo. Jacquie, isn't that too funny? :)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Renee,

I would not like these gifts , fake dog poo - yuck!
what a people thinking making this stuff!

Hugs
Carolyn

Sue said...

Loved the artwork - the stupid gag gift suggestions? Not so much. I hate gag gifts as they are rarely
funny, just an annoying waste of money and space.

Bah humbug! LOL

xxoo

Unknown said...

who thinks of this stuff... really!
Love the pictures, made me smile, Thank you for that xxx

zoe said...

love the pictures :)
i'm really kind of disturbed by that toilet paper...